We worked hard to make claz feel snappy even on older phones and poor internet connections. Can you tell the difference ?
We’ve received several complaints about our mobile navigation menu – it was slow, especially on older phones and would occasionally lock scrolling and . After trying several alternatives to slideout.js we’ve finally rewritten the menu from scratch.
It does no longer lock scrolling and feels snappy event on older phones.
Let us know what you think of it:
I always felt like there should be a better way to autostart spring boot apps on server boot. Wrapping as linux service, editing rc.local, etc – feels like unnecessarily tedious and painful.
Here’s my new favorite:
Works like a charm.
As a small business owner, you can now automate submission of listings to claz.org via the drop box on our Partners page. Claz will scan data feeds for new, updated or removed listings and will import them automatically or will let you know if there’s a problem.
Please feel free to reach us @ email@example.com if you’re having issues with your data feeds
One of our web server’s disks went bad earlier today and deleted some of the files, causing search results page to not show up properly. Website has been restored from backup and seems to be working fine now.
We’re checking the user data and the databases to make sure everything else is OK… Looking good so far..
Thanks to Mr. Wade Preston for letting us know about the issue.
Hooray, Claz.org is finally out of beta after 10 months of development and testing.
While in our beta, we’ve implemented and tested numberous updates to our engine, focusing primarily on ease-of-use and making search more effective:
- We’ve added more than 200 classifieds websites, forums and message boards to our search database, which now stores over 16 million classified ads
- Better ad previews – with bigger thumbnails and brief ad description
- Search filters – search by keyword, category, price and location, nationwide or within up to 250 miles radius
- Saved Searches and Email alerts – users are notified when new ads matching their criteria are posted
- Scam/Spam filtering – we’ve integrated with automated malware / spam filtering engines and added community moderation – to keep our users safe.
- Filters for duplicates – duplicate content posted in multiple cities or on mulptiple different sources is now filtered
In addition to optimized search/browse functionality, we’ve added our own ad posting service with a number of features that we believe will help our users’ listings to get more visitors:
- Automatic listing quality indicator (quality listings will attract more visitors)
- Auto-suggest categories – for better targetting
- Auto-suggest images for listings without photos (independent research shown that visitors are 90% more likely to click on listings with photos)
- Users’ email addresses are hiddent from spam bots, replies to users’ listings are filtered using our spam / scam filter
- Filter replies to user’s listings using our spam / scam filter
- Syndicate your listings to multiple websites (still in closed beta, coming soon)
Our work pipeline is still full of fresh ideas. A lineup of new features is expected over the course of a couple of months – all to save our users time and eliminate the need to search across multiple classifieds sites.
It’s been tough 3 weeks since some major spammers / scammers targeted Claz.org Classifieds for their attacks. Well… not anymore.
The new scam / spam filter was set to improve the safety of our users and the quality of content. The initial results are astonishing – after running the proof-of-concept solution for 24 hours we had 100% of scam ads and spam messages trapped in our junk mail, Good Job !
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice any issues with the new scam fiter…
Claz is moving to the new data platform – for faster searches and to support our growing database…
If the plan goes right, the move will be completed on Friday night and shall not impact Claz users.
If you occasionally reach this page trying to run your favorite Claz search – please drop me a message at email@example.com and I’ll look into it
During the past several days I’ve received numerous complaints from the users regarding the decreasing quality of classified ads :
- some ads are tripping their antivirus alerts
- other ads are showing “forbidden” error page when opened
- others ads are redirecting to “signup” forms, auctions, or some other content that does not match the title /description of the ad
It took awhile to come up with a mechanism to filter these “trash ads” from search results.
I’ve set up the first portion of filtering mechanism tonight. As the result, almost 2 million out of about 10mln search results have been removed. I will keep working on filtering and will put a couple more improvements in place within the next several days.
Meanwhile, please help cleaning up “trash posts” by reporting them to firstname.lastname@example.org
Moved Writing Jobs content to separate section.
Now working on adding more RSS feeds / reorganizing existing feeds to populate this section.